Saturday, May 14, 2022

Me, A Fur Mom

 It feels like a blessing when a cat or dog approaches you and trusts you. I used to be afraid of animals. I remember as a child when I used to go to my home town, there was a dog who wanted to play with me. But back then I was too scared of them. Every time that dog came closer to me I cried. Now I regret it though.                                                                                  

My brother brought Lussu when I was in 5th standard. And my feelings towards all the animals changed. Now I'm so obsessed with animals that I want to open a zoo for them.

When I was in 9 standard, one time I was coming back home from school with Ammu, and we saw two puppies sleeping in front of the building. There was a function in school so they gave us chicken fries and some sweets. I gave them to the puppies. After a few days, one of the puppies died. It was winter. The other puppy started sleeping outside our house every night. She was my first dog. Abbu even bought a carpet for her so that she doesn't get cold at night. I used to put alarms early in the morning even on weekends to feed her. It became like a daily routine. She used to listen to everything we said. She was the sweetest dog ever. To this day I miss her.                                                                                                                  

Lussu was with us for 8 years. She owned the biggest part of our hearts and occupied the whole house by herself. She had never seen another cat. Lussu was very aggressive by nature and never listened to anybody. She used to listen to Ammu only.

Days were passing. Until July 4 a cat meowed at our door, we offered her food she ate gratefully. She was meowing a lot. I thought she was looking for something. We opened the door to see if she wanted to go outside, but no. Then I sat on the floor with her. She came closer to me and sat on my lap. And I immediately fell in love with her. Also, she decided to stay with us. Things got pretty intense right away as both Lussu and Lumi were hissing at each other. My brother gave her the name Lumi. Lussu and Lumi; Dada named them by picking alphabets from Ammu's name. They started gradually coping with the situation. Unfortunately, Lumi got severely ill one morning. She was having a breathing problem and wasn't eating. Lussu somewhat understood the matter and was acting very concerned about her, wanted to see her, wanted to get close. As the vet said to keep them separate to stop spreading the disease. Lussu waited outside my room the entire night. We wanted Lumi to get well soon and start chasing Lussu as she used to. We hoped that she will be alright. But she couldn't fight anymore. She left us. She stayed with us for 8days. I miss her a lot. She was so sweet. The first night, she slept hugging me. She chose us. I'm so glad she spent her last few days with us. I'm glad that she chose us.                                                                                     

One time I saw two Sparrows sitting in our window. I put some rice out there for them. After a while, I went to check if they have eaten or not. They ate it all. After that, I started to put food out there every day. Ammu used to say this to everyone very proudly that they know they will get food here that's why they always come to our house.

July 22, kiko and kai came. After that they never let me get bored. They always kept me occupied. Everything I do,they have to be a part of it.Now they don't even eat their food if I'm not home. Lussu used to do that when ammu wasn't at home.They will follow me everywhere in the house.

Last year on December 27, a dog came to our house, following Abbu. She didn't know us but somehow she knew we would never hurt her. I gave her food. I sat beside her while she was eating her food so that she doesn't feel alone. After she was done eating, she sat in front of me. I wanted to pat her. At first, she hesitate a little bit. But after a while, she came closer to me and let me pat her. I gained her trust. After that day she started to come every single day. Every time she saw any of us she would come running. She used to get so excited every time. After a few days, she started to bring her friend. I got two friends. When we left the colony, I was more sad because I had to say goodbye to them.

Then a few days ago on mother's day, I was going to classes and a dog approached me. He never saw me before neither do I. I was patted him. When the other dogs saw me patting him they came too. 6 or 7 dogs were there I guess. I gave them biscuits. After feeding them I was trying to leave. They weren't letting me go. There was a dog who was the smallest of all of them, he grabbed my leg. I waited for a while then he left. I was walking and I saw the dog that approached me first was following me. When I reached the main road, I thought he won't come further anymore. I needed to cross the road. He was walking beside me and helped me to cross the road. He made sure I was safe. He sat beside me until I found a rickshaw. I felt like it was a reminder from Ammu that she will take care of me in different forms. She is with me always and forever.

Today a cat was sitting in front of our house. At first, I got scared because I was not expecting her to sit in front of our house. I saw her before but she is so scared of humans that every time she used to see someone she would just run away. Today when she saw me, she tried to run away but I called her and said, 'wait, I'll give you food'. I don't know how but she understood what I said and sat at a little distance. I gave her a bread. After a while, I went to check if she had finished the bread, but she was still sitting outside our house. I guessed she was hungry so I gave her more food. This time she even let me pat her. She came closer to me. She isn't afraid of me anymore. she ate all of her food and left. I guess she is happy now.


Every animal I mentioned here is my pet. Each and everyone gave me the feeling of motherhood. I don't like kids that much. But I love being the mother of these animals. I love being a Fur Mom. I love that they choose me and trust me. I want to cherish this feeling forever.

To all the people who are being mothers to these innocent animals, Happy Mother's day to you.

                                                                                                                     

4 comments:

  1. Luna once said, "My mum always said the things we loose have a way of coming back to us in the end. It's not always the way expect"
    Your obsession loving the animals always grabs my attention that I notice every of them when you share it on your story. I always prefer finding happiness in the little things and I don't have anyone to share my feelings of this. Sometimes I felt all alone for that. But when I see you enjoying the things like I prefer to do my mind always says to myself, "In this world there is always a person that you imagine just like the way you think to enjoy those little things and finds gratitude in them."
    Life is so beautiful that we ever imagined. Every thing has its own beauty even it is hard to accept. But only loving yourself makes the whole thing so beautiful. You feel the things lighten up the heavy heart. Your beautiful mind makes you unique. Be proud of that, apu💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words helps me to keep going every single day. And you saying these proves that you have a good heart 💛 take care of that

      Delete
  2. I also used to afarid animal.. now I have a cat ..in my friendlist a good number of people have cats but after seeing your picture with your cat where you were smiling that gave me goosebumps .I guess that time I realize that a cat can be a good friend❤️best of luck for you and your pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much 💛 You are a Fur Mom too. My all the love for you

      Delete

I am loved

Out of all the blogs I've written, I feel like this one is going to be different. Unlike the others that were written at my study table ...